We welcome you to worship this weekend with the Lutheran Church of the Master for this the Second Sunday of Advent! We continue to dream as we hear the call out of the wilderness from John. It’s an advantageous beginning and one that seeks to jolt us to action as we prepare the way of the coming of the Lord. We continue our Advent journey alongside Those Who Dream and as it continually calls us to pay attention to where God’s dreams for change and new life are emerging. This Advent, we remember that God’s ultimate dream is to be intimately connected to us—to come down and dwell among us. As we prepare the way this week we join with the writers of scripture in pleading for restoration and for God to draw near.
It is my hope that you have each had the opportunity to download the resources for this season for the preparation of your at home worship spaces. I also hope that they continue to be fulfilling for you as today promises to be an inspiring morning. For our liturgy today I invite you to please download and open the worship guide to fully participate as you too are a vital participant in today’s liturgy. Peace & Blessings Dear Church ~ Pastor Dave
But for this liturgy, please give your thanks to the following contributors:
- God’s House Band, Master’s Ringers, Laurey Benshish, N’Soul, and the Synod Worship Team for their contributions in song.
- Michael Benshish – Director of Worship & Music Ministries
- Pat Gerber Bornholt – Deacon Emeritus & Assisting Lay Minister
- Cristian Navarrete, Don Weiss, & Bill Walleck – Technical Assistants
- And of course, our wonderful Staff & Volunteers!